Second Refresh
I have added two gallons of water with 1 measure fertilizer and 20 drops GSE twice since the last refresh. My plants are much thirstier than the two weeks before the last refresh. The plants are bigger. Many more plants had roots going into other sections. This meant putting the ypods in a tub was less efficient this time. This is were I recall instructions of harvesting the plants. Sorry, I noshed rather than gathering and taking a picture. I harvest the Swiss chard earlier than I might have otherwise.
Kelby had recently notified about root care. I was glad I had trimmed my tomatoes roots, when I was trying to pollinate. (Sorry reader - that was a brief Facebook post. Today a flower fell off. sniff, sniff). I am thinking maybe harvesting and trimming shortly before the refresh might make the tasks more manageable.
As for the actual refresh, the water had a bit of scum on the service and some stuff (algae?) floating around in it. My first impression is that it moved easily with dilute h202 and brush. After II rinsed the tank, I hit a couple of spots another time, and rerinsed. I feel vindicated in not waiting.
Totally enjoyed my new 1 gallon measuring pitcher. It works well for bailing (with a dish towel to wipe the bottom) and for pouring into the funnel in the lid.
See below for pictures of the plants with bigger roots , Swiss chard for lunch, ....
Comments
Post a Comment